Monday, June 21, 2010

Wrapping Up

Tomorrow is the last day of school. Although the year has gone quickly, this last week and a half has been endless. I finally climbed out from the mile of paperwork I was under. I look forward to getting the chance to just hang out and enjoy the kiddos and their families tomorrow.

End of the year gifts are always so tricky for me. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be crafty and come up with something unique. But the truth is, there is no time for that at the end of the year. So here is what I came up with.

For my para-educator who works 1:1 with a student. She is an avid quilter and loves going to see quilting shows. I figured a fat quarter and some quilting mags would be a nice way to start the summer.

My assistant puts up with me more than anyone else in the world. She recently finished a beautiful pink scarf with beads that I helped her finish. I figured some cozy cotton yarn, new bamboo needles and the summer issue of Interweave Knits would be perfect for her to bring with her on her trips to the beach.

And each of the therapists that work with my students get a Flower Hairpin. Just a little something to show my gratitude.

This time tomorrow I plan to put my feet up and enjoy a frosty beer!

No comments: