Friday, June 11, 2010

Container Garden


I live in a condo, which means no garden. I am ok with that. I'm not sure that I am ready for a garden. At least not one in the ground. So, for now I am starting with a container garden and I think that it is going well so far. Not to mention that I am kind of obsessed with it. It is really reinforcing. You give it water and sunlight and it grows. I've always known that, but this time around I am finally getting it!

I've got plants both inside and out. They make doing dishes so much more enjoyable, almost tolerable.










I've planted flowers: lupine, pansies, sunflowers and dahlias. And herbs: thyme, rosemary, basil, mint, dill, parsley, and chives. And then I planted a number of gladiola bulbs. I love being able to go to the garden when I am cooking. I have a feeling that this is the beginning of a long and happy relationship.

2 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Beautiful :) T.

reneek said...

I like the plants. You have a green thumb.... I love the container idea,it seems to make plants more organized.