Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shop Update

I wanted to catch you up on all of the shop happenings. We may be in-betwen heat waves here in the Northeast, but I am still busy filling up the shop in preparation for Fall and Winter. I even made my poor friend visiting from Brooklyn model my scarves and neck warmers! Don't worry, I paid her back in maple bourbon steak tips from The Meat House.


These
bow tie scarves seem to be getting some great attention. Many in the shop are knit with organic Moorehouse Yarn which means they are soft and cozy and come in fantastic colors.

Doesn't this photo remind you of the pictures that used to be in our mother's knitting books and magazines? This great, textured scarflette is cozy and comfy. Perfect for a fall night.

A friend requested a set of onesies for a new mama that she knows. I hadn't done appliques in a while and procrastinated on getting them done. But once I sat down and did them, I had the best time. It was fun to go through all of my fabric scraps and think about what shapes would work. I think that they came out pretty well. Anything to spice up a traditional onesie!

As you know, I am on a new yarn ban. Do you know that?? Well, I am. I have plenty of yarn in my possession that I should not have to buy new yarn unless I get a custom order. This hat came from my current stash. I am still pretty fixated on cables. I plan to knit up a few more of these over the next few weeks. They are a great stash buster.

I got an inquiry about making the bow-tie scarf in red. Duh, right?! Luckily I had some red yarn left over from a baby sweater I knit up in the spring. I think that it looks great and a perfect color for the style. There should be lots more coming before the end of the summer. Can you believe that we are more than half way to fall?!

7 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Those look fantastics, I especially love the color of the first one.

Like Peter Design said...

Saw you on my etsy thread. Love your blog! Great knits and love the onsies! I am now a follower, I hope you come follow me too!

xo~tmar

http://likepeterdesign.blogspot.com/

Southern Belle said...

Adorable onesies and love the green scarf.

MB by Brigid said...

thank you for your kind words!

Danielle said...

the baby clothesline makes me so happy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio

1
on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with

manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire

Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio

3
. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

Rizwan Ali