Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Damn You Christmas Tree Shop


It's hot up here again. And I am cranky, again. It could be the heat, but it is more likely that it is just me. Some days it just happens and I can't snap out of it. I decided that I would distract myself from the heat and my mood by going to the movies. Air conditioning and someone else's drama-sounds great! I went to see The Kids Are Alright and I feel sort of duped. At some point during the winter, I read an autobiography written by four kids who lost both of their parents within months of each other. It was called, The Kids Are All Right. Guess what I learned today. Just because a movie and a book have the same title doesn't mean that they tell the same story. So that was disappointing and altho the movie was packed with great actors, I wasn't all that engaged by it. Plus, I needed the theatre to be "put-on-your-sweater-cold" but it wasn't. The cranky ensued.
Midway through, an idea sparked. After the film, I grabbed a milkshake and went to the Christmas Tree Shop. You know, just to browse. I didn't even get a cart, I got myself a basket. It filled itself a little bit too quickly and with little self control. It found the berry bowl that I was looking at on etsy. It's not the same, but it still has such a sweet feeling to it.


It also picked up some more serving plates and bowls. When my friends were here over the weekend, I kept feeling like I didn't have the right sizes in my cabinets. All of my dishes were too big or too small, hopefully these two are just right.

It also picked a couple sets of "made-specifically-for-girls-who-are-going-to-college-sheets." I couldn't resist. They had bright stripes and polka dots and whales. This is a big deal for a purely white sheets and linens girl. They completely clash with my headboard and my yellow walls, but they m
ake me smile and look forward to crawling into my bed despite the fact that it is going to be humid tonight. All-in-all, the perfect pick-me-up after a bummer of a day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your sheets! They are totally adorable!

MB by Brigid said...

so cute, right?!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio

1
on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with

manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire

Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio

3
. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

Rizwan Ali