Monday, May 10, 2010

Blah's



I attempted to be optimistic about the rainy, cold weather that was scheduled to dampen weekend spirits, but my optimism failed me. On my way to the doctor Frid
ay afternoon, I witnessed an accident involving an SUV and a bicyclist. Although the cyclist was "ok" it was such a jarring way to start the weekend! And let me say that it didn't get much better from there.

Saturday involved finishing off a few projects, taking pictures of them, and posting them in the shop. After that burst of early morning efficiency, my productivity went south. Sometime in the late afternoon, I made the diffi
cult decision to rest my eyes for a few minutes. Well, two hours and many vivid dreams later, I finally dragged myself out of bed. In my grogginess, I decided that a mint chocolate chip milkshake was a dinnertime necessity. Sometimes a girl needs ice cream for dinner. You understand, don't you?

Sunday wasn't much different. I engaged in some successful retail therapy and found a
couple of great display pieces for my craft fair table. I also self-medicated with some item's off of the Wendy's Value Menu and bought a lovely new book. After reading myself to sleep, I awoke this morning feeling refreshed and looking forward to my first glass of iced coffee. The optimism has returned.

No comments: