Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Success!

I was off the gird for a couple of days while I took a trip down to Martha's Vineyard with some friends from college. Before I left, I participated in a Farmer's Market a couple of towns over. I found out about it via Twitter. There is a really great network of local farmers and farmers markets that communicate with and for each other via all sorts of social networking sites. I love that about living on the Seacoast. Plus, I get a mental picture of an old-man farmer on his iPhone typing with one finger, cute, right?

Back to Sunday's farmer's market. It was a blast and the weather was perfect- no rain this time!
Everyone was so incredibly nice and kind; the customers, the famers, and the market manager. It's a smallish market and they are trying to increase traffic by hosting different events every now and again. I really enjoy the farmer's market as a venue. It is obviously less saturated than a craft fair and the personalities that come through are very easy going and helpful. I met a number of folks and was able to engage in some chit-chat with many of them. I even made a few sales, but better than that, I feel like I made some good contacts. It's hard to get your name and your products out there. It's a slow and steady process, but every step seems to be a step in the right direction. I left for the Vineyard feeling pleased with how it went and thinking up new ways in which to continue to get my items out there.

4 comments:

BlenderBach said...

Congrats! I miss doing shows - I should check into the local market this fall. Your displays look lovely!

MB by Brigid said...

thank you for your kinds words! i highly recommend doing a farmers market~such nice folks and not as saturated as a craft fair.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio

1
on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with

manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire

Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio

3
. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

Rizwan Ali